Tuesday, 10 August 2010

1 card: 6 challenges

Morning all!

well after last week when I got no challenges I finally got my crafty head on last night and made one card that covers 6!!

I love this Miss Anya image and moving away from traditional Christmas colours has given her a totally different look which I really like. I really wish I could shade properly with my Promarkers (I'm useless at colouring - need some lessons I think lol) As usuall there's plenty of glitter (peel off borders, on her coat buttons and on the 3 snowflakes) and I thought the lace would make it a bit girlie too :o)


The challenges I am entering are......

Moving Along With The Times #58 "Christmas"

http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-58.html

Anyone for Anya? "Christmas in August"

http://anyoneforanya.blogspot.com/2010/08/christmas-in-august.html

The Corrosive Challenge "sketch"

http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-76-sketch.html

The Crafty Pad "Chocolate and Cream"

http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-pad-challenge-83.html

Wild Orchid "One for the Girls"

http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-3-one-for-girls.html

Cupcake Crafts Challenge "Lace"
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-103lace.html

This is my first Christmas card this year - it was quite exciting delving into the Christmas stamps, more might have to follow! Hope she brings me luck, fingers crossed xxxxxx

14 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya

    gr hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, beautiful image and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card hun! this is absolutely beautiful!!!! :) A tip I have learned when using my Copic markers is to start with two tones of the same color. Use your darker color first on the outer edges and then go over with your lighter color. Then use a light gray to go over the darker parts of your coloring which will add a natural shade to your coloring. I hope this helps you out a little bit! :) If this doesn't make sense email me and I will gladly try to help you! :) I know how frustrated I was with my Copics when I first got them and NOW I love them so very much!!!!!! :)

    Again your work is absolutely stunning hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card hayley.the image is fab and i love your fab papers and colours.good luck in the challenges :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What unusual colours but beautiful. Fab layout. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous hun love the colours you have used
    thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT good luck hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah its stunning. Your Colouring is great. I was a bit scared with my Promarkers too but now just adore them. Passion For Promarkers have great tutorials. Also if you google Promarker tutorials there are loads on You Tube! Thanks for joining in with us n MAWTT Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work, thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. I love the serene color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hayley, such a lovely card, Anya looks great. Nice layout too. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card Hayley, love your DP and colouring of Anya.
    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad this week.
    Debbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - I love non traditional christmas colors!! I think your coloring is fab & I'm sure you will even get better as you keep at it! I remember when I first started with Copics I was so hard on myself! hehe Thanks for joining us at AFA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card, thanks for playing along at Anyone for Anya? You asked about the flowers on my card. I used my EK Success Daisy punches to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, very well done.
    I see on Trimcraft you are from the North East, where abouts if you don't mind me asking?

    Lou. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)