Thursday 15 September 2016

Day 1: relaxing

Flight landed on time, I was met by the lovely Yianna who has been picking my parents up for a number of years and by the time we got to Peyia and had a catch up it was after 1am!

After such a late night I woke surprisingly early - thanks to the cat wanting her breakfast!  It was a bit cloudy but warm and we sat out on the terrace and I began to get familiar with my surroundings. 

A quick tour of the gardens and fruit trees and it was time to get ready and head along the coast to Akavas.  No, we weren't off to hike the gorge, but to have lunch at The Last Castle ...


I've heard so much about this place I couldn't wait to get there and see it for myself and I wasn't disappointed!

There's no menu - you can have chicken or pork, comes with salad and oven baked potato wedges. HOW amazing can simple food be? Absolutely amazing!


Not just the food, the view is stunning as well!


Whoever thought it was a good idea to build a restaurant up here had their head screwed on!  The area is full of beautiful coloured flowers and big bunches of grapes hang overhead. 


We headed back down the track and headed into St George's just before Coral Bay.  What a pretty little bay, backed by a  church and a little chapel too.


After lighting some candles we sat overlooking the quiet little harbour for a while before going home for a snooze by the pool ...


and then a lazy evening watching the sun go down over the hills 


Na'night people xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I miss it soooooooooooooooo much! Enjoy you lucky thing! XxX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)