Wednesday 5 April 2017

Photo Challenge Week 14: Pond

After missing the photo challenge last week, I made sure I was prepared early for this weeks post!

On my way home from seeing the lovely ladies at my local wool shop / crochet group  on my day off I made a little detour to the village pond.

Now, I admit it's been years since I was last down here but apart from being a lot tidier, nothing much has changed ...




Despite the dull weather the ducks were in fine form and making plenty of racket as they swam towards each other and then I spotted a beautiful swan heading towards me


My friend had told me earlier that a swan had nested right alongside the fence so I assumed this speedy bird was the owner of that nest, by the time she reached me she was hissing a bit too much for my liking so I legged it!




I'll come down again soon when the babies have arrived and try to get some pictures of the fluffies!

It's funny, being down there on a dull spring day reminded me of coming down here with the Brownies some 30 odd years ago and looking for frog spawn - blimey I hadn't realised it was that long ago and now I feel old!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this lovely pond with the bad tempered swan. I love your memories of collecting frog spawn. My Mum was a tacher and took some to school. Over half term all the tadpoles became frogs and the caretaker had to cope with the baby frogs hopping all over the class room. Mum was not too popular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)