Monday 2 August 2010

Challenge Cards

Hi Bloggers

thank goodness I'm off today, not only do I hate Mondays but yesterday was such a busy day I needed today to get things done!


I went to the Gateshead Flower Show with my Grandad yesterday morning. The displays were beautiful and the prize winners were perfect! The picture above is the Gateshead Council entry to the Chelsea Flower Show earlier this year which won a silver award. My Dad's guys built the bridge structure which shows the Tyne bridge with the flowers representing the 40,000 runners of the Great North Run.

There were loads of tasty treats on offer and I just couldn't resist and bought us some spicy pork pies, a wild boar & mushroom pie and some yummy cupcakes all of which were devoured by tea time!!

I spent the afternoon catching with with a friend and her hubby-to-be at my parents house before popping round for some baby snuggles with Athena. I can't believe how quickly she's growing, she's smiling all the time now which is so sweet.

So, on to my challenge cards. The first one is for my Dad to give to my Mum for their 36th wedding anniversary tomorrow.


I'm entering this into the Meljen's Challenge which is a sketch:

http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com/2010/07/challenge-18-and-new-release.html

I have used one of Melissa's gorgeous designs (her blog has a freebie download file!) which is also my first attempt at a digital image. I've coloured it with Promarkers (thanks Lou!!) and used papers from the Dovecraft "Eastern Promise" collection with ribbon, paper flowers, brads and fairy dust from my stash. Yu can't reallysee on the picture but I have chalked the backgroundof the image as I thought the white was a bit too harsh.

My second card is the one I am going to give to my parents tomorrow and I'm going to enter this one into the Papertake Weekly challenge which is also a sketch:


http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/

The image is a Dandelion and Daisy sticker of "Hawthorn and Bramble" which I have mounted on silver mirri card and then on an embossed mat (done through my Sizzix Texture Boutique) and then papers, gems and sticky borders from my stash.

Ok I'm off to link these up and then I think it's time for some lunch, later xxxx

3 comments:

  1. 2 gorgeous cards hayley.i love the images you have used and fab papers and layouts :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Hayley! Card looks super. Glad you like the Promarkers, they are just Fab aren't they!?

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - beautiful paper and image

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)