Sunday 15 August 2010

A very special day, 1 challenge card & some BIG news!

What a great day I had yesterday - not only did the sun shine all day (after it's rained all week!) but it was also my Godaughter's christening.

The church service was lovely and Athena behaved so well all the way through. Grandad / Godfather Yannis came over from Athens with armfuls of beautiful gifts including the special baptism candle and headdress used in Greece.

I wasn't happy with my first card I made for Athena but I managed to make another one just in time and was really pleased with this one: I'm getting the hang of making sentiments on the conmputer, just need to get some fancy texts now though!

Athena's Mum, Gemma asked me to make a card for Athena to give to her Grandma as it's her birthday this week and so I thought I would have a go at this distressing malarkey. I usually give up as I never think it looks right but I watched a few tutorials online and I think it turned out ok for a first proper attempt. I'm entering it into 2 challenges:

Colour Create "ivory, duck egg blue & one other colour with optional extra: shabby chic"

http://colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-51-ivory-duck-egg-blue-and.html

Moving Along With The Times "sketch #59"

http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-59.html

As always, I hope they love it :o)

My BIG news for today is that I passed my year 2 Accountancy exams! I'm so pleased as I put in a lot of hours revision, now I only have 1 more year and I'm fully qualified - that's when the real work begins!

Bye for now xxx

10 comments:

  1. WOW WOW and WOW. Well Done on your exams, Ohhh Bless what an adorable wee one Athena is and I do love the cards they are great, Glad the sun shone for you. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, congratulations on your exam results and gorgeous piccy of athena,your cards are stunning, i do love the distressed one :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats hun thats fab news, and Athena is just gorgeous...
    Two fab cards hun love the shabby look you havegoing on
    Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at colour create with this super shabby chic card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards hun and thanks for the comment on my crocheted danglies too. Well done on passing your accountancy exams. I nearly finished a sage line 50 course, but ran out of funds unfortunately.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo and cards
    Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week..Good luck
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Hayley, and big congratulations on passing your course! What an achievement! How are you getting on with the ProMarkers?

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how very clever that you can make these - I can't make a home made card look good so am always impressed by those who can! Have followed for you, so please check out my blog @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards, especially like the second one. Congrats on passing your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love that bear card!!! Very very well done!! I love the shabby chic of it!!
    thanks for joining in with the Colour Create.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it's always good to know what people think of my adventures and crafty stuff :o)